You’re a key part of the success of the veterinary profession and fundamental in the day-to-day care of patients. It is with gratitude and appreciation that WVC honors Veterinary Technicians for their hard work, compassion, and dedication to quality animal care. Your efforts are valued and appreciated by all.
Like us on Facebook during National Veterinary Technician’s Week (October 13-19) for your chance to win 1 of 3 free registrations to the 86th Annual Western Veterinary Conference.
Dear Technician Colleagues:
As we celebrate you as valuable team members this month, I look back and realize that I have been remiss in recognizing you appropriately for the support and countless pieces of work you’ve performed that have allowed us as a team to deliver better care to animals.
You know who you are out there; you’re the technician that suggested to me when I was an intern how I might consider placing two intravenous catheters to resuscitate the GDV patient appropriately. You’re the experienced operating room supervisor that scrubbed in with me when I was a resident and suggested different self-retaining retractors to make the approach easier (I had just thought of it when you mentioned it). You’re the technician that has diplomatically said more than once (before abdominal closure) “Doctor, did you give me that liver biopsy you were going to obtain?” (again, I had just thought of it when you asked). I have come to count on you for these “suggestions.” You have made me a better veterinarian.
I’m grateful for the patience you’ve shown me, and apologize for the clients who sometimes forget you’re doing this because you want to, and you’ve worked hard to get where you’re at. By the way, I do understand that clients sometimes treat you differently (not necessarily better) when I’m not with you. These days, I appreciate you for taking the time to guide me on how to deal with computer issues, and no I’m not on Facebook. I have one veterinary colleague that says “a veterinarian cannot function without a good technician by his or her side.” He is mostly correct. We could function but not as well.
For my current technician team, you do an unbelievably great job putting on all the different “hats” you are expected to wear; thanks for being versatile. I know you are busy, I’ll remember your contributions more in the coming year and remember to say “thank you for who you are and for all you do.”
Happy Technician Week – You’re the best!
Don Waldron, DVM, DACVSClick to Enter
“2013 National Veterinary Technician Week PROMOTION”
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The “2013 National Veterinary Technician Week” promotion (the “Promotion”) brought to you by WVC (the “Sponsor”) is governed by these “Official Rules”. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and visit wvc.org during the Promotion Period (as stated below). Participants must be actively working as a Veterinary Assistant or Veterinary Technician to enter. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements, in such manner it deems appropriate. Employees and directors of Sponsor, its parent, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, licensees, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and all of their immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible. Void where prohibited. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. The Promotion is open to legal residents of the United States of America excluding Rhode Island, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older and visit wvc.org during the Promotion Period (as stated below).
3. THE PROMOTION PERIOD: The Promotion begins October 13, 2013 at 8:00a PST and concludes on October 19, 2013 at 5:00p (PST) (the “Promotion Period”). Entries must be submitted no later than 4:59p (PST) on October 19, 2013. Sponsor’s computer will be the official timekeeper of this Promotion. Online entries will be deemed to be made by the authorized account holder of the valid e-mail address. Online entries are limited to one entry per person/per-e-mail address/per promotion period. If multiple entries from the same person/e-mail address on the same day are received, only the first such entry received will be eligible. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
4. TO ENTER: Visit the WVC Facebook page during the Promotion Period, “Like” the page, and complete an official entry form by typing your name, complete address, phone number, and email address. Submit entry online or via email at email@example.com. All submissions must be received during the Promotion Period. No copies, facsimiles or reproductions accepted. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries. No other forms of entry are valid. Limit one (1) entry per person. Duplicate entries will be disqualified.
5. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Three lucky winners will be chosen on Saturday, October 19, 2013 at random by sponsor and announced on social media on wvc.org website. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winner by email and/or phone on or before October 19, 2013.
6. PRIZE DETAILS/ODDS: Grand Prizewinner will receive one (1) complimentary 2014 WVC Veterinary Technician registration (ARV up to $315) and up to five (5) nights hotel accommodations at a hotel selected by WVC from February 16-20, 2014 (ERV $900) (Total ERV $1200). Two (2) additional winners will be selected at random from eligible entries to receive one (1) complimentary 2014 WVC Veterinary Technician registration (ARV up to $315). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Prize(s) cannot be assigned, transferred, redeemed for cash, or substituted except by Sponsor who may, at its sole discretion, substitute any prize with one of comparable value if the advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason.
7. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: Participants agree (a) to obey these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which are final and binding, (b) that Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, are released and shall be held harmless by participants against any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Promotion or Promotion-related activities and (c) except where legally prohibited, winners grant (and agree to confirm that grant in writing) permission to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on the Internet and World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval.
8. REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION: Winner may be required to complete, sign, and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days of notification. If documents are not returned in a timely basis, or if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, such prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner. Any applicable taxes on prize are solely the responsibility of the winner.
9. GOVERNING LAW AND ARBITRATION: This Promotion will be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of Nevada, without application of any conflicts of law rules. Disputes between the parties or their affiliates related to this Promotion shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration heard by a single arbitrator in accordance with the then-current Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (except as modified herein). Any counterclaim not brought within thirty (30) days after receipt of the arbitration notice shall be barred. The arbitration shall be conducted in Clark County, Nevada in English. Unless otherwise specified herein, the arbitrator may award any relief that he deems proper, including but not limited to equitable relief. The award shall be final and binding and enforceable in any court of competent jurisdiction.
10. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the winner, write your name and address on a 3″x5″ card, and mail in first-class stamped envelope to: Western Veterinary Conference, Attention: National Veterinary Technician Week Winner’s List 2425 East Oquendo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada 89120 for receipt by December 31, 2013.
11. SPONSOR: Western Veterinary Conference, 2425 East Oquendo Road, Las Vegas, NV 89120.
©2013 Western Veterinary Conference.